Serves: 5-10 | Prep: 35 mins | Suitability: Vegan
These heavenly Chocolate Chip Blondies are a guest recipe by the wonderful Elisa of Happy Skin Kitchen, who says:
"These blondies are my latest obsession! They are super simple, take no time to make and just hit the spot when you crave something chocolately and sweet. They are completely gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free and vegan! Yes, they are literally for everyone! :) For this recipe I have used Tropical Sun Organic Coconut Flour, which combined with ground almonds creates a fudgy and gooey consistency, perfect for blondies or brownies."
- 2 tbsp Tropical Sun Linseed (Flaxseed), ground
- 1 cup ground almond
- 1/2 cup Tropical Sun Coconut Flour - Organic
- 1/2 tsp Tropical Sun Baking Powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Tropical Sun Coconut Oil - Pure, softened, but not melted
- 1/3 cup of Tropical Sun Coconut Sugar - Organic
- 1 tsp of Tropical Sun Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp runny peanut butter (the runnier the better)
- 1 tbsp of almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips + extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven at Gas Mark 4/ 180°C/ Fan 160°C
- In a small bowl, mix the ground linseed with the 4 tbsps of water and leave to rest for 5 mins until it thickens up and becomes gloopy
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground almond, coconut flour, baking powder and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil and the coconut sugar. Using a hand blender, blitz until a creamy consistency is achieved
- Add the creamy coconut oil mixture into the linseed mixture along with the vanilla essence, peanut butter and the almond milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and mix until the ingredients are well incorporated
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Spread the mixture in a baking tin covered with parchment paper, ensuring the mixture is spread evenly
- Sprinkle with more chocolate chips
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins, until the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove the from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 mins before transferring to a cooling rack
- Make sure the blondies have completely cooled before cutting them into squares
- Serve and enjoy!