Serves: 3-4 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Difficulty: Easy | Suitability: Vegetarian
Thin and ready to form part of your Leaning Tower of Pancakes, Izzy Hossack's classic crepes are simple to make, but if you want to stack 'em high like a boss, you're gonna need to put in the time!
150g plain white flour
3 medium eggs
Pinch of salt
30g butter, plus more for frying
To serve: fresh berries, Tropical Sun Organic Agave Syrup
- Combine the flour, eggs and water in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the milk and salt. If you have time, leave the batter to rest in the fridge (30 minutes to 24 hours) as this will improve the flavour and texture of the crepes.
- When ready to cook the crepes, heat a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the 30g of butter to the pan and let it melt, then pour it into the batter and quickly whisk it in.
- Scoop around 60ml of batter into the pan, tilting and swirling to let the batter spread out into a thin, even layer which coats the entire base of the pan.
- Leave to cook until golden underneath (around 2 minutes) then flip and cook until the other side is golden too (around 1 minute). Remove the crepe to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the remaining crepe batter, greasing the pan with a bit of butter before you cook each one.
- Serve the cooked crepes warm with berries and Tropical Sun Organic Agave Syrup. Note: Should you wish, you can individually re-heat the crepes by frying again in a dry pan over a high heat for 1 minute on each side.