Serves: 8-10/ Prep time: 20 minutes/ Cook time: 2 hours/ Difficulty: Medium
5kg Organic Turkey
200ml Tropical Sun Vegetable Oil
200g Tropical Sun All Purpose Seasoning
200g Tropical Sun Chicken Seasoning
50g Tropical Sun Dry Jerk Seasoning
20 Tropical Sun Pimento (Whole)
50g fennel seeds
2 onion, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
15 cloves garlic, sliced
75g ginger, sliced
5 carrots, sliced
3 leeks (white part only), sliced
2 red peppers, sliced
½ bunch thyme, sliced
10 bay leaves
½ bunch rosemary, sliced
500g Tropical Sun Jerk Seasoning Paste
2 scotch bonnet, sliced
- Coat the Turkey in the veg oil and then the dry mix liberally. Leave to marinate overnight.
- The next day chop the onion, celery, ginger, garlic, carrots, leek whites, scotch bonnet and red pepper and set aside.
- Coat the Turkey in the TS marinade and then add all the vegetables in and around the Turkey and then finish by adding the thyme rosemary and bay leaves. Mix altogether and allow to marinade for another day maximum.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and place the turkey on a rack sitting in an oven tray. Pour 1 litre of water into the tray to create steam and stop the turkey from drying out.
- Roast the Turkey for approximately 2 hours, until you prick the thigh meat without touching the bone with a thermometer and it reads 84°C (if you decide to stuff your turkey, the stuffing should read 74°C)
- When the turkey is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest before serving with sides and garnishes of your choice.