2 tablespoons Tropical Sun Organic Coconut Oil
1 onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon Tropical Sun Dried Thyme
1 teaspoon Tropical Sun Ground Cinnamon
1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tin (540g) Tropical Sun Ackee, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a low heat. When the oil is warm, add the onions and garlic. Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the onions and garlic begin to soften, add the red bell pepper, spring onions, tomatoes, thyme, cinnamon, scotch bonnet pepper, salt and black pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes on a low-medium heat.
- After 4-5 minutes, stir in the coconut milk.
- Gently rinse the ackee with cold water in a colander. Lightly stir the ackee into the mixture to avoid breaking it up into tiny pieces.
- Leave to simmer gently, for 6-7 minutes, on a moderate to low heat.
- Serve with your favorite sides or with baked Jamaica sweet potato, fried plantain, boiled dumpling, boiled banana, cho cho (chayote) and avocado.