Serves: 2-3 /Prep time: 30 minutes /Cooking time: 25 minutes /Difficulty: Easy
This is the perfect mid-week fuss-free meal! It’s packed with vegetables, lots of different textures and the baked tofu makes it even more scrumptious and satisfying. USA Easy Cooked Rice works perfectly in this recipe as it’s fluffy and absorbs flavour well. If you have any leftovers, save them for the next day and they will be even more delicious!
4 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
3 teaspoons of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
200g (roughly) of firm tofu - cut into bite-size cubes
1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil for frying
1 onion – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves – minced
2 carrots – cut into small cubes
1 red bell pepper – cut into small pieces
140g of frozen peas
140g of frozen or tinned sweetcorn
240g of cooked Tropical Sun USA Easy Cook Rice
A generous handful of chopped kale
Salt to taste
A drizzle of hot sauce (optional)
A sprinkle of chopped fresh coriander
A squeeze of lime juice
- Start by making the tofu. In a large bowl mix together the soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add in tofu cubes and toss them around until they are evenly coated in the marinade.
- Let them marinate for 30 minutes or overnight, if possible.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper. Spread the tofu onto the baking tray and bake in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes until they start to crisp up around the edges. Reserve any leftover marinade.
- And moving onto the rice. In a large pan, add the toasted sesame oil.
- Once hot, add in the chopped onion and garlic. Fry for few minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add in the chopped carrots and pepper. Cook on a medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas and corn together with the cooked Tropical Sun Easy Cooked Rice. Mix everything together until combined.
- Add in the chopped kale. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tofu leftover marinade. Mix again, making sure that everything is nicely coated in the marinade.
- Serve with the baked tofu on top, chopped coriander, a drizzle of hot sauce and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!