Serves: 2-3/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Cooking time: 45 minutes/ Difficulty: Medium
As the weather is starting to get cooler we all love (and need) a bit of comfort food at home - whether as a mid-week meal or a dinner party crowd pleaser. No body ever says no to a big bowl of spaghetti bolognese! If it isn't already, this Italian classic is sure to become a family favourite - this recipe is moreish, packed full of flavour and SUPER simple.
2 tablespoons of Tropical Sun Vegetable Oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 small head of red onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
300 grams of beef mince
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of Tropical Sun Dried Thyme
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
200 grams of roma tomatoes, chopped
200 ml of tomato passata
100 ml of water
1 tbsp of Tropical Sun Natural Honey
5 leafs of fresh basil
200 grams of spaghetti
30 grams of parmesan, grated
- In a pot, add vegetable oil, and the set the heat on high.
- Start by frying the garlic and onions, mixing regularly for about 2 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Now add in the carrots and beef mince. Season with salt, black pepper and dried thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the meat has browned and then add in the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, passata and water.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in honey and bay leaf.
- Leave that simmer for about 30 minutes, mixing regularly.
- When you take it off the heat, add in the fresh basil so it infuses the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti, following the instructions on the package and drain.
- Serve the spaghetti, top with bolognese sauce and finish it off with parmesan. Enojy!