Serves: A party / Ready in: 15 minutes + 2 hours rest / Difficulty: Easy / Suitability: Vegetarian
An unashamed indulgence, this Coconut Peanut Rocky Road should really be shared between 24 people at a party, but we'll be honest... once you make it, it's going to be hard for you to restrict yourself to one piece, so if you're on a diet, quickly switch to this vegan mixed bean salad recipe to save yourself.
Road Road Mixture:
300g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
2 tbsp Tropical Sun Agave Syrup
150g digestive biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
50g chocolate caramels (such as rolos)
- Line a 27 x 20 cm (or 20 cm square) baking tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and add to a medium pot along with the butter and agave syrup. Melt over a low heat, stirring constantly, until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool until it can be added to marshmallows without melting them.
- Roughly break the biscuits into bite-sized chunks and add to a large bowl along with the coconut peanuts and marshmallows. Pour over the cooled chocolate-butter mixture and stir together until well coated. Add the chocolate caramels and stir through briefly, being careful so as not to break the caramels.
- Tip the contents of the bowl into the baking tin you prepared earlier. Spread the mixture out with a spatula so that it’s as even as possible. Quickly sprinkle the top of the mixture with a few handfuls of topping ingredients, pressing them down to make sure they adhere to the surface.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to make sure the chocolate sets before cutting into 24-30 cubes.
- Serve - and enjoy!