Serves: 4 | Prep: 35 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Suitability: Vegetarian
If you grew up eating rice pudding, then this recipe will take you back to your childhood, only it will likely taste even better than you remember! Made with creamy coconut milk and aromatic vanilla and topped with a sweet and zesty mango salsa, this recipe is so simple to prepare, yet so delicious. Prepared to be amazed!
For the Rice
2 tins Tropical Sun Coconut Milk
700g whole milk (or almond milk if you prefer)
½ tsp Tropical Sun Ground Nutmeg
1 stick Tropical Sun Cinnamon Sticks
100g Tropical Sun USA Easy Cook Rice
50g Tropical Sun Desiccated Coconut - Fine
For the Mango Salsa
1 mango, 1cm dice
1 pomegranate, deseeded
1tbsp chopped, fresh mint
¼ lime, juiced
- In a heavy based pan, mix together the coconut milk, whole milk, sugar, vanilla pod, cinnamon and nutmeg and bring to a boil.
- Rinse and drain the rice then add it to the boiling milk and lower the heat down to a simmer. Stir frequently so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the desiccated coconut and stir well.
- The rice will absorb the milk. Once the consistency is similar to risotto, remove from the heat and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.
- For the salsa, mix together the mango, pomegranate, mint and season with the lime.
- Top the rice pudding with the salsa, serve and enjoy!