Serves: 8/ Prep time: 5 minutes/ Cook time: 1 hour/ Difficulty: Easy
Corned beef stew is versatile and super easy to make! When you are looking to cook a low-fuss, mid-week family meal on a low budget, THIS is your answer. Packed with fiery kick, this dish will warm you up even on the coldest winter night.
150ml Tropical Sun Rapeseed Oil (or any vegetable oil of your preference)
2 white/brown onions, diced
2 Scotch bonnet peppers, chop one and keep the other whole
2 tablespoons Tropical Sun All Purpose Seasoning
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
1 tin (340g) Tropical Sun Corned Beef
¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a medium sized heavy based pan on a medium to high setting. When the pan is hot add the oil and the onions, the chopped scotch bonnet and all purpose seasoning.
- When the onions are cooked but without colour, add the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes. Stir often to prevent the puree from burning.
- Blend the remaining onion, tin tomatoes and one scotch bonnet in a food processor. When the puree is cooked through add the blended tomato mix to the pan.
- Cook this for 30 minutes with a lid on, stirring frequently.
- Add the corned beef to the sauce but do not stir. As the corned beef warms through it will naturally break up. As it does gently move the broken pieces into the stew until all the corned beef has been moved into the stew.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!