Serves: 2 / Prep time: 5 minutes / Cook time: 30 minutes / Difficulty: Easy / Suitability: Vegetarian
Falafel – the Middle East’s answer to fast food. Hot and crunchy on the outside, soft and packed full of flavor on the inside. These delicious round, crunchy and tasty treats are the best snack, side dish or even lunch!
1 tin (400g) of Tropical Sun Chickpeas
½ large red onion, chopped
1 handful of Fresh parsley
1 tsp of salt
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp flour
Tropical Sun Vegetable Oil for frying
For the yogurt dip:
2 tbsp of coconut yogurt
2 tsp of Tropical Sun Harissa Spice
- Place the chickpeas in a blender/food processor
- Add the parsley, salt, garlic, and cumin. Process until blended but not pureed.
- Add in the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of the flour, and pulse.
- Form the chickpea mixture into balls about the size of walnuts and deep fry them in about an inch of vegetable oil for about 5-6 minutes. If you prefer them baked - you should cook them in the oven, preheated to 180 Celsius, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with the yogurt & harissa dip!
- Note: this will give you about 5-8 falafels, depending on their size.