Serves: About 40 cookies/ Prep time: 25 minutes/ Cook time:10 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
375g all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon Tropcial Sun Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon of Tropical Sun Ground Nutmeg
80g butter (softened)
1 large egg
120ml Tropical Sun Molasses
2 teaspoon Tropical Sun Vanilla Essence
For the icing:
Pick your favorite ready to write icing sugar
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, molasses and vanilla essence and mix until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed and smooth.
- Divide dough in half, and wrap each half in cling film. Flatten the dough into a round and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/338°F/Gas/Mark 3. Place one half of the dough onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin with some flour - roll the dough into about ½ cm thick. Cut the cookies using your festive cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies into a baking tray, leaving some space in between
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool down.
- When cold - start decorating!