Serves: Around 40 cookies | Prep: 35 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Suitability: Vegetarian
Everyone loves a cookie or three! If you have young children and want to teach them the basics of baking, then this is the perfect recipe to prepare with them. Lots of fun decorating the cookies! Don't forget to order your Christmas cookie cutters in advance!
For the cookie:
375g all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Tropical Sun Ground Ginger
1½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Tropical Sun Ground Nutmeg
80g butter (softened)
1 large egg
120ml Tropical Sun Molasses
2 teaspoon Tropical Sun Vanilla Essence
For the icing:
Pick your favorite ready-to-write icing sugar!
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all the spices.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the egg, molasses and vanilla essence and mix until combined. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into balls and wrap each half in cling film. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/ 338°F/ Gas/ Mark 3.
- Place one of the dough halves onto a floured surface such as a kitchen worktop. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until approximately ½ cm thick. Cut the cookies using your festive cookie cutter.
- Transfer the cookies into a baking tray, leaving some space in between them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool down.
- Repeat stages 6-8 for the second dough half.
- Once the cookies have cooled - start decorating!