Serves: 15 bars | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Suitability: Vegetarian
The word on the street is that bounty bars are being taken out of the Celebrations boxes?! True or not, we're taking no chances, and we're making our own!
- 85g Tropical Sun Creamed Coconut
- 1/3 tsp Tropical Sun Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups Tropical Sun Desiccated Coconut - Medium
- 3 tbsp agave/ maple syrup
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Tropical Sun Coconut Oil
- Chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
- In a pan, gently melt the creamed coconut over a low heat until runny. Stir in the cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mixture from the pan with the desiccated coconut and your chosen syrup. Mix together throughly using a wooden spoon to combine. The mixture should be nice and sticky.
- Press the mixture into the base of a lined brownie tin and pop this into the freezer to firm up for 1-2 hours.
- In a pan, gently melt the chococlate and coconut oil together over a low heat. Slice your bounty slab into small bars and dip the pieces individually into the melted chocolate mixture to coat.
- Lay the bars onto a wire rack to allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- To decorate, drizzle with a little extra chocolate and sprinkle with crushed pistachios - and voilà! Enjoy your highly indulgent homemade bounty bars!
Be sure to watch Charley's short recipe video below!