Serves: 2-3/ Prep time: 10 minutes/ Cook time: 20 minutes/ Difficulty: Easy
Jerk is, of course, best known for flavouring meats such chicken and pork, but it is just as delicious with vegetables. Don’t believe us?! Give Dee’s Table’s jerk jackfruit recipe a try! Marvel as the jackfruit soaks up the jerk flavours. Add this to your Buddha bowls alongside your ackee, plantain and ital curries, or serve alongside Caribbean rice n peas and coleslaw for a simple but oh-so satisfying meal.
1 tin (400g) of Tropical Sun Jackfruit in Water
1 red onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
2-3 tablespoons of Tropical Sun Jerk Seasoning Paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Tropical Sun Browning
2 teaspoons Tropical Sun Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Topical Sun Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Tropical Sun Brown Sugar
- Start by draining and rinsing jackfruit. Using a sharp knife shred the jackfruit into smaller pieces to create that meaty appearance.
- Slice the onion in half & cut the red pepper in slices, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix to combine. Add the jackfruit, onions and pepper and allow to marinade for at least 1hr but you can also marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 392°F/ Gas Mark 6. On a lined baking sheet spread out the jackfruit and bake for 20 minutes until the jackfruit has caramelised.
- Serve alongside your favourite sides.