Serves: 8 slices/ Prep time: 15 minutes/ Cooking time: 1 hour/ Difficulty: medium
‘A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips’ is what many of us girls have been programmed to think when we’re contemplating cake, but whoever wrote this saying probably didn’t get the memo that booty-full is beautiful!
Cut yourself a slice or three of this rich, buttery banana bread, made with Tropical Sun Coconut Sugar, frosted with cream cheese and lemon zest and topped with crushed almonds and chocolate shavings. Try telling me your mouth didn’t water as you read that last bit. You can’t!
125g butter, at a room temperature
150g of Tropical Sun Coconut Sugar
4 bananas, fully ripe
160g of self-raising flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon Tropical Sun Vanilla Extract
300g of cream cheese
50g of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F/Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until combined and creamy.
- Now add in the eggs and bananas and mash with a fork until it’s all nicely mixed.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Mix it nicely together and then add to the baking loaf.
- Cook for an hour in your preheated oven.
- When ready, take it out on a cooling rack and let it cool down for at least an hour before finishing it off with the frosting.
- In the mixer, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and lemon zest until well combined.
- Frost the banana bread generously and finish it off with the crushed almonds and the shaved chocolate on top.
- Now, devour!