Serves: 3-4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes | Difficulty: Easy
Stuffed peppers are being done all over the world and people just love them. The recipe that Top Food Facs has prepared is super easy and there is nothing that can go wrong with it. You don’t need any fancy skills, just the time and ingredients.
4 bell peppers
1 tablespoon of Tropical Sun Vegetable Oil
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 small red onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
200g beef mince
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of Tropical Sun Ground Cinnamon
100ml of Tropical Sun Vegetable Stock
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/356°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the bell pepper tops, deseed them and keep the tops to be used as lids.
- Cook the basmati rice, following the instructions on the package.
- In a frying pan, on high heat, add vegetable oil and start by frying the garlic, onions and carrots.
- After about 2 minutes or once the onions are translucent you can add in the beef mince.
- Now season with salt, black pepper and cinnamon.
- Keep stirring until the meat has browned - this should take about 10 minutes at most.
- Now add in the tomato puree and the chopped cherry tomatoes. Mix nicely and take it off the heat.
- When the rice is ready mix it in the mince mixture.
- Now stuff the peppers with the rice and beef mince mixture and arrange in a tray.
- If there is any stuffing left, scatter it around the peppers and add the stock to the bottom of the baking tray.
- Close the peppers with their tops and cook them in the oven for about 1 hour or until the peppers are fully cooked through.