Serves: 6 | Prep time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy
From mulled wine to hot toddys, Christmas wouldn’t be complete without festive drinks, of which Caribbean sorrel punch is undoubtedly one of the most delicious! Made with Tropical Sun Food’s dried sorrel, its unmistakable vibrant magenta colour gives it a Christmassy glow and its tart and tangy flavour perfectly compliments the dark rum that warms you up from the inside out. Perfect hot or over ice and served with a slice of Caribbean Christmas Rum Cake!
- 1.5 litre of water
- 100g of Tropical Sun Dried Sorrel
- 4 Tropical Sun Whole Cloves
- 1 Tropical Sun Cinnamon Stick
- 100ml of dark rum (we recommend Jamaican Lion)
- 100ml of maple syrup
- The juice of 1 orange
- The juice of 2 clementines
- 1 tsp of Tropical Sun Lemon Juice
- Clementine or orange slices for garnish
- Bring the water to boil in a large pan. Remove it from the heat and add dried sorrel, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let it steep for an hour.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and discard the sorrel and spices. Add the rum, maple syrup, orange, lemon and clementine juices and mix together.
- Either heat up the drink for a warming beverage, or serve over ice for a refreshing one.